Julius Špičák, MD, CSc, Prof.
Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Prague
Head of the Clinic of Hepatogastroenterology at Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. Approximately 250 papers published, chapters in 14 monographies, textbooks and manuals. Fields of Scientific Interest: Digestive endoscopy, pancreatology, colorectal cancer, liver transplantation, liver cirrhosis.
Membership in selected domestic scientific bodies:
- Czech Society of Gastroenterology: President,
- Slovak Society of Gastroenterology: Honorary member,
- Czech Society of Hepatology,
- Czech Transplant Society,
- Czech Society of Internal Medicine.
Membership in international organizations:
- European Society of the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy – Governing Board: Councilor 2000 - 2004,
- OMED-OMGE: CRC screening committee,
- IASGO (formerly International Gastro-Surgical Club),
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: International Member,
- American Gastroenterological Association,
- German Society of Gastroenterology: Corresponding Member,
- Hungarian Society of Gastroenterology: Honorary member,
- Endoscopy: International editorial board,
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy: International editorial board.
1999 Award of the Promed company for the most valuable gastroenterology publication of the previous year (Špičák J. Biliary complications after liver transplantation. Diagnosis and management. Falk symposium 107: Diseases of the liver and the bile ducts, Kluwer Academic Publishers 1998, Dordrecht:223-227).
2000 Herfort Award of the Janssen company for the most valuable gastroenterology publication of the previous year (Špičák J, Martínek J, Závada F aj. Penetration of antibiotics into the pancreas in rats: an effect of acute necrotizing pancreatitis. Scand J Gastroenterol 1999;1:92-97).
Organization of conferences:
- ESGE workshop of advanced endoscopy (Live demonstration), Prague 1993,
- Workshops of advanced endoscopy (Live demonstration) 1997-2001,
- Falk symposium 109: Bile duct and liver diseases, Praha 1998,
- Falk symposium 135: Immunological Diseases of the Liver and Gut, Praha 2003.
- United European Gastroenterological Week Praha 2004, President,
- Central European Gastroenterology Meeting (CEURGEM) 2010, President,
- ESGE Live demonstration, Event Co-Director (2014),
- International Coeliac Disease Symposium, Chairman (2015).
Faculty member, invited speaker
28 international meetings: UEGW, EASL, FALK symposiums, ESGE workshops, IDCA, National meetings (Poland, Slovakia, Croatia), Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Leipzig University, Ludwigshafen city hospital, Bridging meetings.