Relish Magical Atmosphere in City of Hundred Spires
The season of Christmas and New Year parties is slowly but surely approaching. Still not decided where to throw a festive company meet-up or which place to choose to reward your close ones with delightful seasonal menu? We have some tips for both options. Let the unbeatable atmosphere of winter Prague inspire you!
Offer your colleagues or family an enchanting walk in chilly narrow streets of the historical city centre, discover one of the most popular Christmas markets in Europe and savour the mulled wine while watching the Christmas tree lighting ceremony on the Old Town Square. These are the moments appreciated by many tourists and locals every single year. Come to enjoy them, too!
Meeting Prague is ready to offer a wide range of venues that will be the right backdrop for your event or time spent with your friends and family. Would you like to take your guests to the era of baroque, art nouveau or neo-classicism? Or you are more interested in modern and industrial spots? You will find them both and many others in Prague! And what is our recommendation?
The Best Add-On to Your Event? Prague Views!
Have you ever heard of Gabriel Loci? The Neo-Romanesque complex built in the end of 19th century presents many breathtaking halls, including the Garden of Eden featuring glass ceiling enabling your guests to experience an event literally under the stars. The views of Prague castle will charm the visitors of the Prague Congress Centre. With its glass façade, the building offers unique views to the city centre for up to 2,000 guests while serving the drinks at the original Onyx Bar.
No wonder the best views possible are from the top floors of the highest Prague hotel – Corinthia Prague. What is more, the hotel prepared several festive menu options for groups as well as individuals. The guests won’t miss house-made mulled wine or grog, Christmas cookies or traditional Czech stollen called “vánočka”. Cream of roasted pumpkin, salmon tartar, traditional potato soup, Prague ham with sour-style lentils, fried schnitzel, roasted duck or Czech goulash are among other delicatessen on the menu. Rich program with a glass of sect awaits those attending New Year party at the Bellevue Hall.
Provide your guests with a sense of grandeur at the Lobkowicz Palace, the only privately owned palace in the Prague Castle complex. Balcony Hall features the direct entrance to the palace’s terrace overlooking the Prague panorama. The whole city is literally at your fingertips there. Have a glass of wine from Roudnice castle’s winery belonging to the noble Lobkowicz family as well, and enjoy the view of the night city skyline. Ask the experienced Lobkowicz event team about themed parties such as “Great Gatsby”, “Traditional Czech Christmas” or innovative concept of “Modern Christmas with Music”.
Immerse in Prague history boasting with traditions and shrouded in myths and legends
Christmas or New Year’s party at Andaz Prague will take you on a journey through Prague mythology and local legends. Whether you choose one of the modern Studios or one of the two Collegium meeting rooms with historic fireplace, wooden panelling and unique chandeliers, the references to Princess Libuše, knight Bruncvík and his lion, Prague Golem or Horymír and his horse Šemík will accompany you almost in every corner of the hotel. The tree-course menu with beverage package for a special seasonal price will be welcomed addition to any event at Andaz.
What about having a drink behind the heavy metal door guarding the entrance to the 1891’s bank vault? Choose “The Vault” room of NH Collection Prague Carlo IV for your VIP group of 15 guests and feel the spirit of the former bank. Each of your guests will suddenly become a statesman in case you plan your event at the hotel’s Presidential suite perfect for exclusive cocktail reception for up to 20 people. Are you awaiting more colleagues to join? No problem at all! The Opera Ballroom is ready to host up to 150 people. With chandelier decorations resembling tutu skirts of ballerinas, the Opera Ballroom is an ideal room for disco or superhero themed parties. Why superhero you ask? As the hotel served as a location of the movie Spiderman: Far From Home! What is more, the hotel’s winter garden will turn into Christmas markets offering the Czech traditional folk crafts and refreshments. Your close ones will be surely delighted to taste six-course Christmas or New Year’s swing menu by the chef of the hotel’s 1890 Restaurant & Bar.
There is no Party without Excellent Food and Drinks!
Speaking of excellent food and drinks, Vienna House by Wyndham Andel’s Prague and Diplomat Prague prepared a special offer for you: six-hour open bar ensuring free-flowing entertainment! Apart from this, the Christmas package includes the hall rental, buffet with welcome drink and festive decorations.
Enter the halls of O2 universum filled up with scent of mulled wine and typical Czech Christmas cookies. Their own catering will be pleased to create festive refreshments for your guests based on your wishes and needs. As a bonus, the adjacent O2 arena will host a special program “Christmas at O2 arena” attended by stars of the Czech pop scene and symphony music.
Whichever venue you choose for your party, Zátiší Catering Group is here to take care of your valued guests. For small as well as large groups, their chefs will create innovative themed menus from local ingredients at the highest level and always with sustainability in mind. Not only your event guests, but also your close ones may taste the Zátiší delicatessen. Meals prepared by the skilful hands of chef Vladimír Vaníček, the head of kitchen at Mlýnec Restaurant, with cosy atmosphere of the restaurant, open kitchen concept and view of Charles Bridge, guarantee an unforgettable experience!
Reward your Family and Friends with Gourmet Experience
Your Christmas and New Year’s parties are all set and ready, but you still wonder where to take your close ones for a festive menu? Prague offers many interesting options for you as well, see for yourself:
- Rich festive program is awaiting you at the Prague Marriott Hotel’s The Artisan Restaurant. A total of seven brunches is prepared, each of them with a specific theme. New Year’s party with live music and DJ, dance floor and a 45-item buffet cannot be missed in the program either. The festively decorated rooms and halls of Prague Marriott Hotel and The Artisan are, of course, also available for your private events during the winter season. Ask for the special seasonal packages!
- The seasonal program of Holiday Inn Prague won’t disappoint you either, St. Nicholas Brunch is prepared for your already for December 3, and week after, it will be followed by the Advent Brunch. On December 31, you are cordially invited to the traditional Gala Buffet Dinner. In the meantime, small Christmas market will be set up at the hotel between December 21 and 26, and Christmas menu will be served offering baked turkey, traditional mushroom and barley „kuba“, beef fillet with chestnuts, or toffee pudding with cherries and red wine sauce.
- Four festive brunches will be served also at Hilton Prague Old Town (Dec 3 – St. Nicholas Brunch, Dec 17 – Advent Brunch, Dec 25 – Christmas Brunch and Jan 1 – New Year Brunch) together with Christmas and New Year’s Eve Dinner offering international dishes. If you are art deco lovers, you definitely shouldn’t miss this invitation! The unlimited consumption from buffet (incl. drinks), welcome drink, live music and even supervised kid’s corner for your youngest ones will be there for your disposal. Finish off the fantastic day with a great night’s sleep – reserve your room today and get 10% off the public room rates!
- The team of Occidental Praha hotel, together with the rest of the hotels of Barcélo Hotel Group, prepared for you not only one, but two seasonal menus! Aside of the Czech traditional dishes, you are invited to taste festive Spanish menu. What about to try potato salad with tuna, garlic soup with chorizo, or roast lamb with beans and tortillas?
- Two five-course menus are awaiting you at the Botanique Hotel Prague, where for example foie gras, South Bohemian trout fillet, or chestnut cake will be served. For groups up to 160 guests, special festive menu can be served, including traditional Czech dishes such as fried carp, fish soup or sweet “vánočka”. Both Christmas as well as New Year’s parties can be fixed by the local event management team based on your wishes.
- Live piano music will accompany your gourmet experience at Grandium Hotel Prague while you can watch the final preparations of Christmas menu during a live cooking show. Except the traditional Czech meals, local chef put some international dishes on the menu as well: English roastbeef with honey mustard, Indonesian Bami Goreng, or Italian Arrabbiata pasta. Not worry, if you cannot manage to secure the spot for the Christmas Dinner, the same concept is prepared for you also for a New Year’s Dinner, which will include tiger prawns, or flambé Chateaubriand.
- Both Christmas and New Year’s menus are ready also at The Julius. Here, they will also make sure that you go into the new year full of energy after a demanding New Year's Eve celebration. For the New Year's breakfast, strong chicken broth and Bloody Mary will be served.
Haven’t found what you were looking for in our overview? Let us know and we will surely secure you the best venue for your Christmas or New Year's party!