Facts and Figures
January 1st, 2020New Year's Day, Day of the Renewal of the Independent Czech State following the break-up of Czechoslovakia (1993)
April 10th, 2020Good Friday
April 13th, 2020Easter Monday
May 1st, 2020International Labour Day
May 8th, 2020Victory Day - liberation of Czechoslovakia by the Allied Armies in 1945.
July 5th, 2020Feast of St. Cyril and St. Methodius - marks the arrival of the two Slavonic saints who brought with them Christianity and the first Slavonic alphabet - Cyrillic (863 AD).
July 6th, 2020the day in 1415 when religious reformer and rector of Charles University Jan Hus was burned at the stake for heresy.
September 28th, 2020Czech Statehood Day - anniversary of the murder of St. Wenceslas, Prince of Bohemia, by his brother.
October 28th, 2020Founding of the Independent Czechoslovak State in 1918. The most important public holiday in the country.
November 17th, 2020Day of Struggle for Freedom and Democracy - commemorates the student protests against the Nazi occupation in 1939 and against the communist regime in 1989.
December 24th, 2020Christmas Eve
December 25th, 2020Christmas Day
December 26th, 2020Boxing Day
Thanks to its unique location in the heart of Europe, Prague has always been a traffic hub and a strategic place for international meetings.
Frequent and rapid bus connections taking only 30 minutes to arrive to the city centre. 69 airlines connect Prague to 162 destinations around the world. For more information visit www.prg.aero.
Airport – city connection:
- Bus lines connecting Terminals 1 and 2 with the metro A and B lines.
- Airport express directly connects the airport and the main railway station (enabling direct access to the metro C line and international and local train lines.)
Four key Prague railway stations are connected to the metro lines B and C. Prague main railway station serves as an international Europe railway hub.
Local and international bus connections are concentrated to Prague – Florenc station.
Prague is a major crossroad for European East-West and North-South road traffic. Highway and motorway network links Prague with all surrounding countries and is still expanding and developing.
Prague public transportation system has ranked fifth best in the world. The city transportation is served by metro lines A, B a C (operated from 5am to 12am), trams and buses incl. the special night lines. More information and fares can be found at: www.dpp.cz/en/
- Basic fare - 32 CZK (€ 1.20) - ticket can be used for up to 90 minutes on all means of public transport
- Ticket valid for 1 day - 110 CZK (€4.10)
- Airport express fare - 60 CZK (€ 2.25) for one-hour use on this line only
Public transport tickets can be purchased:
- At public transport counters in the arrival halls of Terminals 1 & 2 at the Airport
- From automatic ticket machines placed at bus, tram stops and metro stations
- At newsstands
Efficient 24-hour taxi services. We recommend to use official taxi services only.
Approximate prices of Prague taxi services:
- Boarding fee (minimum charge) - €1.50
- 1 km - €1.05
- 1 minute wait - €0.25